BICOL EXPRESS

BICOL EXPRESS 
This is the way we cook Bicol Express

I learned this recipe from my aunt, not so long ago I was watching her cook and suddenly she asked me, do you like cooking or eating?

I replied and said yes, then it all started the first recipe I had ever cooked was her Bicol Express. Those years that I had stayed in her house I learned how to cook different recipes. So here we go I have to share this with all of you.
To cook this you will need:
Ingredients:
4 cups coconut milk
2 lbs pork belly, cut into strips
½ cup Shrimp Paste
1 tbsp Garlic, diced
6 pieces Red bird's eye chilies
3 tablespoons diced ginger
2 medium onion, diced
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Instructions:
Heat pan and then pour-in the 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger
Add the pork and then continue cooking for 6 to 8 minutes or until the color becomes light brown
Put-in the shrimp paste and Red bird's eye chilies. Stir.
Pour the 4 cups of coconut milk in. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 30-40 mins or until the meat is tender
Add salt and black pepper to taste
Serve with Hot Rice. Enjoy!

Comments