Tinolang Manok (Chicken Tinola)

Tinolang Manok

I just saw a chicken running in my backyard, and suddenly I remembered I haven't eaten a Tinola Recipe for a bit sometime now. So I hurried and captured one of my chicken, I got a Hen about 1 kilo and started boiling water for the chicken to be dressed with. It took me about 30 minutes to finish the chicken for cooking. Before we start cooking this recipe we will need this ingredient:


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 kilo chicken (cut into serving size)
  • 1 thumb size ginger root (sliced)
  • 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
  • 1 onion (minced)
  • 2 medium-sized green papaya (cut into wedges)
  • 1/2 cup pepper leaves
  • 5 cups of water
  • 1 chicken cube
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil

PROCEDURE:
  • In a pan, sauté the garlic, onion & ginger in cooking oil. 
  • Put-in the 1-kilo chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken color turns slightly brown
  • Add the water and bring to a boil. Simmer until chicken is done about 20-30 minutes. 
  • Add the chicken cube and green papaya. Continue simmering until green papaya is tender.
  • Add pepper leaves and salt to taste.
  • Remove from heat, transfer to a serving bowl. 
  • Serve hot. Enjoy!

Comments