Another Chop Suey (Pork)


Chop Suey is one of my favorite dish prepared by my grandmother, it is a delicious of vegetables and meet. Since I was little I was watching my Lola preparing this delicious dish and I was so eager to see how she cooks it. When I turned 18 I tried recreating what she always cooks for our table every Sunday.
Chop Suey is not that hard to prepare so in short it is a simple dish to prepare for your family, now I’m 34 years old have 2 daughters’ and a son. Now that my grandmother’s in manila I missed her cooking so I followed my grandmother’s recipe in creating this wonderful dish for my family to enjoy every Sunday.
Today I’m going to share my grandmother’s recipe and procedure in preparing this dish, here we go. You’ll need these ingredients.
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. pork shoulder, cut into thin strips
  • 1 medium sized carrot, peeled and sliced crosswise
  • 1 small cabbage, sliced and chopped
  • ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in ½ cup pork broth or water
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 1 small bell pepper, sliced into strips
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • Salt and ground pepper to taste

Instructions
1.   Heat a pan and put-in the cooking oil.
2.   Saute the onion and garlic.
3.   Add the pork and continue to sauté for 5 to10 minutes.
4.   Add the parsley and soy sauce. Put-in the carrot and then cook for 5 minutes more.
5.   Add the bell pepper and cabbage. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Continue to cook in medium heat for 5 minutes while stirring every minute.
6.   Add-in the cornstarch diluted in pork broth. Stir and cook until the dish thickens.
7.   Add salt and pepper to taste.
8.   Serve with hot rice.
9.   Share and enjoy!


Comments